Throughout Utah, the summers are known to get pretty hot, and Orem is no exception. You, like most drivers, don’t want to sweat in your car seat during your daily commute or on a road trip. The key to accomplishing this is a functioning air conditioning system. Here at Master Muffler Orem, we strive to ensure that your AC is in top condition so that you and your family can enjoy a gentle breeze whenever you need to hit the road.
How Your Car’s A/C Works
The AC operates by pushing refrigerant through the system, which creates cycles of high and low pressure. As this refrigerant turns into a gas from a liquid, it undergoes a rapid cooling process. Here are the key parts of a vehicle’s AC that make it function:
- Compressor: Your compressor is the key component of your AC. It pressurizes the refrigerant after it is transformed into a gas, and then pushes it throughout your system using a serpentine belt.
- Condenser: The condenser turns the gaseous refrigerant back into a liquid. Ironically, this part of your AC generates a lot of heat, as this process takes a significant amount of energy.
- Receiver-Drier: After the pressurized liquid refrigerant leaves the condenser, it goes to the receiver-drier which clears the refrigerant of excess water or debris, which can damage your entire AC.
- Thermal Expansion Valve/Orifice Tube: Different vehicles will use a thermal expansion valve or orifice tube for this part of the process, which is when the refrigerant is monitored and relieved of pressure so that it can return to a gas form.
- Evaporator: Once the refrigerant is depressurized, the evaporator returns it to a gas form, upon which the air rapidly cools and then is dispersed into the cabin of your vehicle.
Call Master Muffler Orem Today!
If you or someone you know in Orem is driving in a hot car and needs that problem solved, then don’t hesitate to reach out and give a call to Master Muffler Orem. Our experienced team is there to help you with any vehicle repair or maintenance that you need.